DODGE DAKOTA FORUM - FORUM AND OWNERS CLUB! - View Single Post - Greetings dakota fans
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Dodge Dakota Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2004-2010 - 4.7
Rep:10
johnfunderwhite is on a distinguished road
Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmarine View Post
I'm attaching a wiring diagram from the service manual for the heater blower motor and the resistor. The red line shows the path from the ignition switch to the blower through the blower switch (#1 position on diagram) to the ground at G203. The blue line is the path from the blower motor to the switch through the resistors for the other blower switch positions (arrows are backwards) to the same ground.

Note that if the blower is working at the lower speeds, all the wiring is confirmed good except from splice S224 directly to the blower switch, which is only used at high speed. This is a black/tan #10 wire. Check this wire for continuity, and if the wire is good, you have a bad switch - not making the connection at high speed position.
Thanks a bunch fellow jarhead! I will look into that this weekend. I have a Clymer manual for this truck, is that diagram in there that you know of?