Dakota Forumz banner

Perplexed about wiring need help

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  oldmarine 
#1 ·
The 2001 Doge Dakota club cab slt I have someone had put a pioneer radio in it. This truck has the infinity pkg in it. First, when I first got it the left channels were dead. The right one work but that is all, That includes Cd whatever. I just got a factory Dodge Radio/cassette radio. It plugged straight into the system where the pioneer was, perfect.I put it together, same symptom..Oh I forgot, both radio in a few minutes would drop volume where you had to stick your ear down to the floor just to hear ii. i decided it had to be the amp and wanted to bypass it.I unplugged both input and output. If you take a wire from the amp,(Radio Side) and ground it and touch the other to it, It id Great I used to put in 8 tracks and such years ago and it was so simple, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHICH WIRES RO SCOTCHLOCK TOGETHER so the amp is a boat anchor and us the RADIO AMP ONLY, TOO DAMN HIGH TECH FOR THIS OLD BOY. too NEWFANGLED FOR US old folks, Boomers...

I NEED HELP, PLEASE WRITE IT WHERE I UNDERSTAND IT MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

#3 ·
As I understand it, you're installing a stock Dodge radio that didn't originally use a separate amplifier. According to the wiring diagrams, the speaker wires from the base radio are the same colors as the speaker wires from the amplifier. So on the output side of the amplifier, you should have eight speaker wires that match in color with the eight speaker wires coming out of the base radio. I would think that if you splice these eight wires together (from the radio to the speakers), and remove power from the amplifier, you should have the same setup as the base radio from the factory.

Wire colors are as follows:

Left front speaker - Light green/violet, light green/dark green
Right front speaker - Light blue/violet, light blue/black
Left rear speaker - White/red, white/black
Right rear speaker - Tan/violet, tan/black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.