Dakota Forumz banner

Exhaust ??

16K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  JoeParkerPoe 
#1 ·
so looking to find What is the best muffler for my 05 dakota laramie 4x4 4.7 magnum looking for the best performing, hp,fpt,mpg

#2 ·
What's best depends on what you want. If you're looking for the best flow numbers, Borla, Magnaflow, and Flowmaster will be your best choices. Personally, I prefer the deeper sound of the Magnaflow or Borla systems. I'm eyeing a Magnaflow for mine and will probably get one in the next couple of weeks.

#11 ·
Not trying to distract from the actual subject of these questions, but does anyone know IF they make electric cutouts that would open into another system like "Side Pipes" and where I might find them, IF they do make them? I'm looking at a different sort of setup. :D

#23 ·
Cut the mufflers off my 05 3.7 and it sounds mean and not obnoxious at all :p

only problem i have is since the piping where its cut is pretty much standing on its on it gets raspy when you step on it, but when i autostick it to engine brake it crackles and sounds mean. i love it

was thinking of either magnaflow or borla mufflers, post a vid if you get the chance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.