Dakota Forumz banner

Correct Tires?

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  GrumpyKingtiger 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the original tires were for a 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT 4X4 Crew Cab with a 4.7 engine and automatic transmission?
I think they were Goodyear Wranglers P 265 - 70 - R -16.
I just don't know what type of Wranglers. All Terrain, All Weather, etc..
Thanks.

#5 ·
You were right. They're Goodyear Wrangler R/T S OWL.
I wanted to know the specific tire model because I've always been a "purist" when it comes to my vehicles. Also when my ex had her 2002 Dakota SLT plus, I always liked the look of those tires.
My truck has some el cheepo brand tires on it now and they're wearing out so I'm looking to replace them.

#6 ·
if you had the Goodyear Wrangler RT/S I would RUN away from them they suck in anything but bone dry road conditions.... there are many good tires available in that size. Unless this is a restored trailer queen show truck that competes in some sort of "concours" judging, I would choose something else for tires. If $ is no object I prefer Michelin/BFGoodrich. Cooper has some good stuff (like all brands tehy have their cheaper line too)

#8 ·
no research required from my part, mine is 1st hand experience with more than 1 set of those tires.... regardless of what any testing agency may or may not claim.
I have had good luck with Cooper Discoverer AT3s....little above middle of the road cost but have lasted me longer than some that I paid alot more for... and they aint bad, in the rain or snow. Cooper does have some crap as does every tire maker. the Cooper HT's on my 2wd Dakota are wearing like iron but have traction in the wet about as bad as the Goodyear RT/S. They were "free" with my truck, the last owner had JUST put them on, they still had tits on them when I got the truck, so I am gonna get my moneys worth on them... I drive the snot out of it, pile the miles on it quickly... what them tires and the new exhaust that the truck came with, would have cost me over 1/2 what I paid for the truck... I have put 30K on it in 13 months... and counting.... but the next set will be something else probably the AT3's....
Look at places like NTB, they have sales often "buy 2 get 2 free" I get mine at Farm and Fleet when they do their buy 3 get 1 free... the NTB deal has some mandatory additional things you gotta buy to get the 2 "free" like mandatory paying for an alignment.... being a former alignment guy myself and having a career center auto shop teacher for a buddy I can do my own for free so why should I pay them for it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.