Dakota Forumz banner

Manual transmission issue

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MartyG 
#1 ·
Alright, so to all of you with manual dakota's, i have a question for you... I bought my truck in november, and i live in alberta so it has only seen a few days above zero so far (about 32 for you guys), and ever since i bought it, when id shift from first to second it would shudder a little bit, then immediatwly click into gear. Once it is in gear its fine though, no slipping gears or anything. Should i be worried at all? I definately dont have the money for a new transmission and i love my truck and dont want to get rid of it!

Ill press in the clutch and then start to shift to second, the stick then shakes and kinda gets stuck for a second and then falls into gear. Also when it is really really cold out it has grindeda few times when i try to shift, but afer a second of grinding it also just slides easily into gear. SHOULD I BE WORRIED?!

Aaron

#2 ·
Doesn't sound good. I'd start with draining and replacing the gear oil. It'll take a while to flow in the cold weather. See if you detect any metal in the old oil. (try a magnet). Fresh oil might help, but sounds like one of the synchro gears is not turning. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.