Dakota Forumz banner

towing ?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  93Dodgedriver 
#1 ·
HI guys newbe have 2003 Dakota quad cab 2wd with 5.9 eng ,3.55 gears maximum trailer tow 4,350lb, want buy travel trailer with dry weight with the options of 4,027lb is this too close to my max weight to pull without tearing something up. thanks

#3 ·
You know you will be beyond the max. 80 lbs for two propane tanks, 40 for a battery, 160 for 20 gal fresh water, 200 for tools, 200 food and clothes... didn't mention TV, fans, grill, chairs, etc, etc. OK, that's the first question
Can you do it? With weight Distribution hitch, and manual transmission, - maybe. If you have neither, I doubt it.

#5 ·
I personally wouldn't do it because on a windy day that a lot of weight for a Dakota. You can do it but stopping is gonna be interesting especially if you have to stop quick. You can more then likely pull it but it more can you stop it in wet conditions or quickstop or even slowing down quickly and how much motor and tranny pull you'll have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.