DODGE DAKOTA FORUM - FORUM AND OWNERS CLUB! - View Single Post - Brake lights not working.
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 09:08 PM
Dodge Dakota Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1997-2003 - 3.9 L (238 cu in) Magnum V6, 175 hp (130 kW)
Rep:80
oldmarine will become famous soon enough

Your issue with the airbag light and horn not working is likely the clock spring under the steering wheel. But this doesn't have anything to do with the brake light issue. If the third brake light is not working, and you're sure the bulb is good, your problem is power to the brake switch, the brake switch itself, or connectivity from the brake switch to and through the junction block. You can't see electricity, so just looking at connections and wiring is not going to work. Get a voltmeter or power probe to check for proper voltage at the connections referenced earlier.

Sorry about your clutch. I replaced mine about five years ago, and found the problem (grinding and hard engagement) to be the pilot bearing. But now I have a new (well, only 5 years old) heavy duty clutch. I found the most frustrating part of the job to be getting the cross member out, as they wedge it between the frame rails and then bolt it in.

Good luck on your efforts!