Dakota Forumz banner

Electric Fan

5K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Moonster281 
#1 ·
So my truck overheats when I'm sitting at a drive thru. I changed the relay, the fuse is fine, new water pump, and replaced the thermostat today. The electric fan doesn't come on. Not sure why or even when it is supposed o kick on. Any explanations?

#2 ·
Does your truck have the regular clutch fan and an electric fan? Does your electric fan come on when you cut the ac on? Is your truck really overheating? Do you go by the dash gauge or by a thermometer? Usually electric fans come on at a certain temp regulated by a sensor, finally have you maintained your cooling system?

#5 ·
The cooling fan is controlled by the PCM through the cooling fan relay. The PCM will activate the relay after receiving temperature inputs from the coolant temperature sensor or the AC on/off signal. Check the wiring and connections for the fan first, if ok check for a faulty coolant temp sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.