Dakota Forumz banner

Blown 2006 V6. any suggestions

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kmccune 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.

Well I have a 2006 Dak V6. 6 speed. And my tranny was about to go but my engine decided to go first.

I was curious of what what engines and what years can I do a swap with. Ive tried searching multiple sites and asked different mechanics what would be the easiest swap or a compatible swap for engine and tranny. Without re fitting the mounts.
Does anyone have any ideas of what engines and trannys I could use for a straight up swap? Id like to keep the 6 speed as I enjoy standard I would switch to a 5 speed. But I dont want to go automatic. I prefer the standard with 4x4. Does anyone have any ideas of a engine that s a straight swap?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

#2 ·
If you can find a High output V8,but make sure you get everything that goes along with it,Is this truck in good enough shape to warrant all this aggrevation.? A dealer around here had a cherry V-8 06 x-cab for a little under 7K,I didnt look real close,but it looked good from the road

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.