Dakota Forumz banner

overheating problems 2006 Dakota

9K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  gashaw40 
#1 ·
I have changed the water pump ,thermostat .back flush cooling system and fan clutch
My truck is still overheating even after the sun goes down and it cools off outside
It has been to the top of the red every time I try to go anywhere. It has me baffled
Any idea what might be causing this? I am an experienced mechanic. Driving me crazy
Help please?

#3 ·
Is it really overheating? I would use an inferred thermometer and see what the actual temperature of the coolant is. It will also tell you if the radiator is clogged internally. You can pick one up at Lowes for about $40. The dash gauge or sender could be faulty too. Also, does it overheat while rolling or idling? Or both?

#7 ·
A sad but common problem with these boards is that people are quick to come to us for help, then we give them possibilities, and then we never hear from them again. We can only assume that something we said got them fixed, but few have the courtesy to let us know.
My money is on the radiator, or debris on the front, that you can't see, hidden by the AC coil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.