Dakota Forumz banner

01 Ram dash kit/wire harness = 00 Dakota dash kit/wire harness???

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  jkelly16 
#1 ·
So I just bought my 2000 Dakota and I am wondering if a single din dash kit and wire harness that came out of my old 2001 Ram 1500 will work in my Dakota? I looked at both dash kits online and it looks to me like it might work, but I am uncertain. I plan on putting the same radio that was in my Ram into my Dakota and if I can use the same dash kit and wire harness, then I won't have to buy new ones. What do ya'll think?

#2 ·
My guess is not but you never know. If you were closer I could set you up, I have a totaled 2000 4.7 club cab in the back yard with plenty of goodies on it. I had planned on putting the drive train in another truck if I could find one with a blown engine but I've not run across one.

#6 ·
Really good, not too loud but when you open it up is when it gets sweet. I got it for cost through the site I was trying to get the PowerTrax locker from. The PowerTrax guys kept giving me the run around (finally got it) and the guy told me he would give me my next order at cost. $350 for a Gibson stainless exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.