Help a brother/sister out - DODGE DAKOTA FORUM - FORUM AND OWNERS CLUB!
DODGE DAKOTA FORUM - FORUM AND OWNERS CLUB!  

Go Back   DODGE DAKOTA FORUM - FORUM AND OWNERS CLUB! > DODGE DAKOTA FORUM - Buy - Sell - Trade > Dodge Dakota Parts and Accessories for Sale - Trade - Want To Buy!
Dodge Ram Dodge Durango Dodge Nitro Jeep
Diesel Forums!
Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Nitro Forum Jeep Forum
Dodge Challenger Dodge Charger Chrysler 300 Dodge Magnum
Dodge Caliber
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum Chrysler 300 Forum Dodge Magnum Forum

Notices

Dodge Dakota Parts and Accessories for Sale - Trade - Want To Buy! Post your Dodge Dakota Parts and Accessories for sale in this forum. No Vendor Sales.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Dodge Dakota Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 04 Dakota
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Graphite
Engine: 2004 - 3.7 L (226 cu in) PowerTech V6, 210 hp (160 kW)[2]
Rep:13
SPC.Brinkmeyer is on a distinguished road
Default Help a brother/sister out

I got this idea from one of the other dakota forums I belong to and thought it may be cool to try here. Could be made a sticky so its always available not hidden under 3weeks/years of posts. The basic idea is that one man's trash is another man's treasure and is given for cost of SHIPPING ONLY. Feel free to post whatever you want in here as long as its FREE do not post anything with a cost to it that's anything other than SHIPPING.

SOME GROUND RULES

1. Post up what you have and be detailed with pics if possible and the shipping weight. Anything under one pound should be labled as one pound as thats what the post office will charge unless you mail in a letter, round up to the nearest pound for priority shipping

2. Provide your zip code so the interested person can get a shipping quote to him or herself.

3. Only use this thread for posting what you have, no dibs or replies should be posted here... To keep the thread clean so everyone can have chance to see what people have, only post with parts for free will stay. If you see something you like, PM THE PERSON!!!

4. No paying for shipping on something you get for free and then turning around and selling it on the board or elsewhere like ebay! Try to keep it real and only get parts you know you will need. This is not an oppurtunity for greedy people to make money. If everyone does this, parts people need can be laying around cheap and not wasted to someone else's greedy ambitions. If I see thats what someone is doing or someone lets me in on thats what your doing, I will post up for all to see that your doing it and you wont be allowed to partcipate.

5. If you have a item up for sell on the thread go back and edit your post to say SOLD or NO LONGER AVAILABLE. That way people don't get their hopes up time and time again when the item is already gone.

6. i know someone has stuff to get rid of and dont want to throw it away so GET TO POSTING YOUR STUFF!!!
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Avenger
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Rep:44
Midnight Rider is on a distinguished road

thats a great idea and we have already done stuff like that here
https://www.dakotaforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144

so not sure we need a separate thread for it, pretty much everyone on all the Z forums will do this if they are so inclined, but it isnt required

also not sure about some of the rules, its a nice gesture but just because i get something from someone for the cost of shipping, it should be of no one's concern what i do with it after that and for you to say you are gonna call them out on it, just kind of puts a bad taste on this

we appreciate what you are trying to do and this is a great idea, just dont think it needs rules or its own separate thread
Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 AM

well i copy and pasted most of it which is where most of the rules are from... i could deal without the calling out thing myself...

i figured this could be a way for everyone just to post up free stuff and have it in a orginized manner with minimal posting about anything other than that one perticular item... i could edit this to reflect the things mentioned or you could either way you want to do it... also if you want feel free to delete this thread
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 04:44 AM

Vehicle: 1993 Dakota LE 4x4
Trim Level: Std. Cab
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 1992-1993 - 3.9 L (238 cu in) Magnum V6, 180 hp (130 kW)
bill440cars is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Jerry's got a good point, we are pretty giving here, with some stuff. I had posted this one myself

https://dakotaforumz.com/showthread.php?t=685

But, nobody has come forward to get it. I thought that surely there would be someone ask for those manuals. But, not yet. Always good to help other out and it goes both ways. Never know when it's gonna hapen and that's cool.

It IS a cool thing that you brought up though.

Home In Arkansas Now, Where I Belong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2011, 10:33 AM

see what im saying about having everything orginized though if you post everything in one thread then you dont have 90 diffrent threads all for free stuff you can just post them here and have everything in one location... you dont have to sift through the whole for sale forum to find the free deals you could just come here.. know what im saying
Old 06-10-2011, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: 1993 Dakota LE 4x4
Trim Level: Std. Cab
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 1992-1993 - 3.9 L (238 cu in) Magnum V6, 180 hp (130 kW)
bill440cars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC.Brinkmeyer View Post
see what im saying about having everything orginized though if you post everything in one thread then you dont have 90 diffrent threads all for free stuff you can just post them here and have everything in one location... you dont have to sift through the whole for sale forum to find the free deals you could just come here.. know what im saying

I DO, but I'm a basic member like you and don't have the ability to do that. Might PM dodgefan67 or BlueJjet and explain more.

Home In Arkansas Now, Where I Belong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2011, 04:29 PM

i figured i would just see what i could find by typeing in free and found your thread like half way down the page... if you type in free under search this is like the first that came up
Old 06-12-2011, 02:09 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Avenger
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Midnight Rider is on a distinguished road

i understand what you are saying and trying to do and i dont want to discourage it, but its probably easier to create a thread when you want to give something away by putting what it is in the title of the thread, that will make it easy to search for

this is a small board, only been up since November, so its really not an issue to search through a lot of threads
Old 06-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Banned

Vehicle: Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:57
BlueJet will become famous soon enough

The more things that need rules or needs to be watched, the harder it is for the people who look after the boards. We all do this in our spare time, some of us have more than others. I know you are on the RamZ and you see how many sub forums/rules/sections we have to watch there. Your idea is good, don't get us wrong, we just don't need to fix something that isn't broken
Advertisement