Dakota Forumz banner

Big Russ's 98 Kota Shorty

5K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  BigRuss 
#1 ·
Whats up guys, after a few months of waiting I went and picked up my new toy last weekend. Its in very rough shape and I'm doing what I can with what I got to get it back into a more presentable truck... That being said, I am enjoying being back in a little truck like I had in High School.

I will continue to update this as I get more work done to it

See less See more
#2 ·
New pics from when I put it up in the air

Who ever did this is an idiot.. oh well time to rebuild it

Very subtle UPS

Thinking about these wheels but not sure if the truck is going to be staying with me long enough to even get it where I want it

#3 ·
Update on the rebuild... went to run it over the weekend, and it puked precious life blood all over my garage floor... previous owner again neglected to tell me that he used the oil pan as a ram rod and punched the front of it... oh well 60 bucks to fix that, new bags for the rear on their way, got a bed that I'm looking at locally to put on it when i get the ass end fixed.

and I may end up getting a set of MMW control arms to replace this mess

SO here is how she sits right now

#5 ·
yeah... but i found a bed thats already built for this truck... but it has 1 mod im not overly thrilled about and thats Caddy tails... its tub'd already, beautiful metal work on the bed. Just need to go to my dad's shop tomorrow and order the pan, and then borrow an engine hoist from a buddy and then get it right... then work on the ass end, get the "new" bed and get it looking better

#6 ·
Holy Thread Revival...

since my last post I have changed the blown bag, and installed the OE style one piece heads... and moved... now hopefully I can start working on it again when my job allows me to have more than enough time off to eat and sleep... doing a 90's style build on it with the crazy paint colors and some Xterra wheels that will be customized to make me happy....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.