Dakota Forumz banner

modern day heater cores

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  volaredon 
#1 ·
are any of them worth a crap? Are they all made by 1 company and reboxed for whoever wants to market and sell them?
any particular brands to stay away from? I prefer copper/brass but that appears not to be possible any more I DEFINITELY DO NOT want anything that was made in China. No way no how.

#5 ·
well I ordered a couple from Autozone via Ebay, because their pic showed a copper/brass heater core under that part number, what they sent me was "SPectra Premium' made in CHINA" I am pissed. same thing they have in stock at my local store but was led to believe different. I HATE BEING FORCED TO BUY PARTS FOR MY AMERICAN TRUCK THAT COME FROM FREAKING CHINA

#6 ·
well got the 92 done, just gotta hook up the heater hoses.... it sucked for sure... but I have done worse heater cores, I just don't take to under dash work as easily as I used to.... the evaporator was about 1/2 plugged with old leaves and "helicopters", took it out and hosed it off then used some HVAC coil cleaner on it while it was out... IDK that I will ever recharge the AC on this truck, it worked when I got it the 1st summer, for most of that season. Recharged it last year and it lasted about a couple weeks..... didn't even try this year. but I need air to flow thru it to get to the heater core.... whether I fix the leak or not.... if it is the evaporator then screw it.... I don't need AC

but the evaporator is the whole reason I have to do this job on the 96, as my wife drives that truck and with asthma, AC is a little more important.... I have both on hand to put into that truck, when I get the time. Definitely need heat some parts of the year so I aint pulling the heater box without replacing the heater core....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.