Dakota Forumz banner

Edmund Kasner aka Kid Ram. Hello fellow Dakotans:

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Pat f 
#1 ·
I tore out the old, rotten headliner in my '94 SLT extended cab and now am challenged to replace it. There is zero rust, only a slight water leak at the upper windshield seal. Ideas, suggestions, please, re materials, process etc. for replacing the headliner. Should I get it done professionally? Thank you.

#2 ·
I would certainly check out the pricing from a couple of shops to do it professionally. I did my own the first year after I bought it, and my DIY talents (lack thereof) were woefully obvious. It wasn't hanging in my hair any more, but the uneven application of the adhesive led to some 'bubbles' within 6 months. I shopped locally and found a guy who quoted $160. I didn't have to worry about the material, adhesive, etc. And seven years later, it still looks like new.

#4 ·
I have done several head liners in my day, the trick is to coat both the new liner material and a cleaned backer board. I generally spray two coats of 3M 8088 on each and let tac up before having a helper assist in applying the new material. Then it is just gentle press and let dry before installing.

Simper-Fi marine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.