Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by introducing myself...hello all my name is Curtis I'm new to the board and new to owning adodge. Ill start from the beginning.About two weeks ago I was looking for a smaller truck to run me back and forth to the jobsite.I came across a 2001*Dakota*v6. 42Re tranny. I went to test drive it and it wouldn't come outta first gear till about 4000 rpm and it was throwing a code sayin the governor pressure sensor voltage to high or to low.. I figured no big deal ill just change the sensor and have a nice lil truck. So I bought it.Last weekend I dropped the pan and changed both the governor pressure and the governor solenoid put it back together drove it around the block and everything was great....I was pumped...until that night. I had to make a lil run not far from home I came to a stop sign and I kinda mashed the gas to see wat she can do....she spun a lil tire took off and quickly shifted into 2... and now I'm pretty sure she is in limp mode she pulls out in 3 unless you turn it off then she'll shift normal for the first time then wont drop back down...wtf.. so I changed the output speed sensor...nothin. tried adjusting the front band......nothin. tried adjusting the tv cable.....nothin whats weird about that is not matter how much I move it there is no change on when it shifts that first time after the*truck*is off. And every now and then a code comes up that says pressure not right or something like that...please help thanks__________________

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fixed yet...

csabo,

My 01 Quad just started the same thing your truck is doing, I changed the same parts, my truck worked fine for about 5 miles then right back to the 2000 plus rpm spike when i was driving down the road, I just joined the site today, Thanks DAV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts