Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking at buying another travel trailer and was wondering the towing capacity i dont want to buy something the truck cant handle comfortably it does have a tow package but I have no paperwork on what the truck can handle i dont want to look at 21ft travel trailers if it's more of a pop up that I can tow thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks this helps alot looks like I am good the trailer I was looking at is 3000lbs give or take

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello
I own 2 Dakotas. A 2000 Quad 4x4 and a 2001 Dakota Quad 4x4 with Air Lift.
The one with Air Lift is my go to truck for hauling and trailering.
I highly recommend the Air Lift since a makes a big difference when increasing young weight.
I will also mention that my automatic transmission was completely rebuilt at around 70,000.
The truck now has 180,000 and still runs great.
Here is the thing. Unfortunately the transmission originally had plantitary gears that were not made very well. That is where my transmission failed. Everything was replaced with heavy duty kit at my local transmission shop.
Something else. Unless Dodge has changed the front rotors since 2001 you will most likely experience warped rotors after towing and braking.
I replaced my rotors with a set of groves and drilled rotors and have never had any more problems. Stopping is better too.
Hopefully this will all help you out and your towing goes well.
Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, Air Lift is a good investment. It will help level your truck out and improve ride quality a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts