Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 that I got from a farm. It sat awhile and I replaced most of electrical system. Didn't even occur to me to check coolant. Yes I know. Anyway the radiator cracked. I replaced that and it still overheated. I replaced thermostat because it wasn't sucking down coolant in tank. Still
Over heating. Im hoping its Not the water pump
Cause i don't want to tear it all apart again. Could it be the gauge? If so how do I check that prior to the pump. Or can it
Be anything else I can try first?
Thanx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here

I've been having overheating issues too. It's only when I sit idle and takes only 10 minutes or so. I've replaced the radiator, both radiator hoses, the water pump and the thermostat switch. I'm looking for advice here as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The gauge

When my truck was overheating while driving, the gauge would rise and I'd stop at about 3 quarters to the red. You can tell if it's really the engine at that point because you'll hear fizzing and it gets really freakin hot under the hood. I had to replace my pump. It doesn't overheat anymore while driving, but I can't let my truck sit still for too long while the engine's still running. So I turn it off and on while going through the drive thru.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts