Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,my 1988 2wd v-6 le sway bar is .95" or 24.1mm...I need bushing and end links, the bushing listed for sale everywhere are to big,28mm or 33mm,for the 2wd,...however the 4wd bar size is 24.1mm or .95" .anyone else come across this issue? thanks for any thoughts,Dakotahall

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Just order the right size greaseable poly bushings from Energy Suspension, and ride happy. (They also sell end links, but you may have to measure the current ones to figure out what size.)

Since torsion bar suspensions add some anti sway benefit by themselves, they tend to require smaller front sway bars for the same control; it could be they were out of the bigger 2WD bars and put on a 4WD bar when it was built; or that truck may have had one added from the boneyard, and it was pulled from a 4WD truck. Or the parts lists may Just Be Plain Wrong *hey, that happens!*

RwP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Ralph,i agree with the factory using whatever parts,so glad I measured before ordering,guess I just needed to hear from another Dakota owner to confirm the smaller size bar,and what action to take. On another note my truck was a one owner with 74k miles when I purchased in april this year.its so clean I hate to even haul anything in it,lol,i live in Georgia so its totally rust free,will post some pictures as soon as I can figure out how to post,old man computer challenged no doubt,thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts