Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on this problem for about a year. I have replaced all the parts of the ignition system(ign. coil. computer, plugs, plug wires, the pick up in the distributer,). I have a new distributor, but have not installed it. A person said to check the crankcase position sensor. I found a rubber grommet and a hole in the bell housing of the transmission where the sensor is supposed to be. There was no sensor there and no wiring harness plug where the sensor should plug into. Does a 1991 Dakota w/automatic transmission have a crankcase position sensor? I have read that Dodge has been using that sensor for 30 years.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The 1991 does not have a crank position sensor, no.

Do you have the factory service manual?

What are the symptoms of no start (doesn't even crank, crank but never fires, cranks and tries but won't stay running, etc.)?

What have you actually tested with a multi meter? What fuel pressure do you have at the throttle body (need to add a T to put a pressure tester on it)? Have you checked the fuel filter (under the driver's side floor board on the rail on a 1991)?

Have you checked the ASD and fuel pump relays? What voltage is your battery charged to?

RwP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts