Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive got a 1991 dodge dakota 2.5 litre stick shift , I was going up this mountain (I live in Bc canada) and I had to hit 140 kph to be going a decent speed at the top , I was hauling about 800 Lbs....I NEED MORE POWER!!!

anything I can do? I was thinking putting a turbo on it....anyone ever done it? could I just buy a turbo off a Nissan 240 or jetta or something? lol how hard is the install? I was thinking intake , exhaust , throttle body spacers and turbo? good idea? love my truck and really dont wanna buy something else

thanks! :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
SookeRider, a free flowing exhaust would help. Many 2.5's engines in cars had the turbo set-up but it would be a lot of work to install it on your truck, if you could find a parts car it is do-able. What is your trucks rear gear ratio? A lower gear ratio would certainly help out. Good luck. I like the 2.5 engine sometimes I wish I had one instead of the six.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure of the ratio....

i'm gonna ask a few mechanics today and get some opinions , I love my dakota but it needs more power for sure , its got plenty of bottom end in 1st and 2nd even 3rd.....thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts