Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off lets start with the first problem. i few weeks ago my truck had trouble starting but eventually would start. went on for about a week and a half and i thought it was just because it had gotten cold. then one night i had a backfire that caused my muffler to explode and is now open like a steamed clam. it started fine after that and i went home. now it will just crank crank crank turn over once... maybe twice.... then back to crank. although since this started i have been able to get it to start again and it ran fine i drove it no problem got it back in the driveway turned it off and tried again to start it. wouldnt start again and im back where i started with the crank kinda turn but nothing.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
does the motor sound like its struggling, like something is "holding" it back from spinning. does it smell rich (excessive fuel)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seems like its just missing that one thing yeah. i have checked to see if my fuel pump is turning on and it does. i have checked if fuel is making it up to the engine with the bleeder thing (not mechanic savvy) . also tried pouring a little gas in the carb (grandpas idea). but yes it does seem to be struggling. i dont thing i smelled a lot of gas.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
have you tried pulling the plugs to see what they look like and smell like. You have individual fuel injectors right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure if i have individual injectors. i do know about the fuel bleeder and i have checked that so i know im atleast getting fuel to the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot guys. i change the spark plugs and she fired right up with no hesitation. thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
awesome. glad i could help. if the plugs were that bad then you should probably look into a complete tune up. spark plug wires , cap and rotor, clean the carb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts