Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used dakota v6 standard cab and it has really low miles on the engine and seems to be in great shape engine/drivetrain/trans etc, but the place this car needs some MAJOR help is the interior cab. ive been looking around the web for some help beyond getting just a dashcover for my beat-to-heck dashboard. anybody know where i can find maybe a new (whole) dashboard besides the local junk car lot/pick-and-pull?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Besides a local one? One far away.

OTOH, you can pick up a dash mat (seriously, that's the model from one maker! DashMat(tm) ) to cover it.

OTGH, you can also recover your dash, or one pulled from the boneyard. My nephew has an upholstery shop and he's gotten really good at it (I still need to pull a spare dash for him to cover for me.)

RwP

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but I'm probably going to try this overlay on mine. I think you grind down any high spots or major cracks and then silicone this down over the existing dash.
Coverlay also makes the replacement door panels and arm rests and such.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't tried it yet but I'm probably going to try this overlay on mine. I think you grind down any high spots or major cracks and then silicone this down over the existing dash.
Coverlay also makes the replacement door panels and arm rests and such.
This looks cool. Must look into it on my PC after work. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts