Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a combo of things stop working on a trip i took mirrors cab fan among others ,was easy fix just reset the computer but in the end the cab ac/heater fan stopped working fuse not blown ?????????????:confused:

·
Registered
830 Posts
From the Haynes wiring diagrams for my 1998, here's how mine works:

The actual 12v (BATT A0) for the blower motor is fed from a 40amp fuse in the PDC, which goes through the blower relay contacts ( in PDC), which then goes to one side of the blower motor winding.

HOWEVER; The 12v that feeds the COIL of the Blower relay (in PDC) comes from a 10amp BLOWER FUSE located in the Junction block (fuse panel on driver's side dash) .

The GROUND side of the blower motor winding goes through the RESISTOR BLOCK and The blower/mode SELECT SWITCH
to ground.

Recheck BOTH fuses involved; one is the junction block (fuse panel on driver's side, and the other is in the PDC).
If fuses are not blown, check blower relay, it could have a bad contact in socket, or the relay contacts themselves

If relay ok, check resistor block,

If none of those, it could be the blower motor itself (which is last resort as it's in a hard to get at place).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine was the blower switch in the dash. One day it let all it's smoke out. Smelled like burning garbage! The blower switch for the 96 A/C model ain't available aftermarket, btw, and the one that every auto parts store lists is the wrong one and won't work. Probably a dealer only part. I found a really nice little Pick n Pull in Olympia WA and got a couple of the correct climate control panels ($8 ea.!) One to replace the bad one, and one as a spare. Fixed it up nice. Easier than trying to replace a blower fan, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts