Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Auto Ex. Cab with the 5.2. I just put a transmission and transfer case in it from a 1994 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Auto Standard Cab with the 3.9. Both trucks are missing rear drive shafts.
What year Dakota can I get a Rear Driveshaft from and does it have to be from a 4x4 extended cab?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just went through a similar situation when I had to find the right rear differential for my 93 Dakota Le 4x4 v8. Couldn’t find the right gear ratio and discovered that only 88-96 4x4 v8 had the correct one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought this 1993 Dodge Dakota V8 Ext Cab Auto 4x4 and a 1994 Dodge Dakota V6 Single Cab Auto 4x4 for $200. The 1993 V8 had a clean title and good motor; guy said it just needed transmission from the 94 V6 put in it.

So well I put the trans and transfer case from the 1994 V6 and come to find out the driveshaft he gave me for the V8 on didn’t fit and I finally found one that would work. I got the truck running but you could not give it over 1/4 throttle or it would backfire and no power. So I replaced everything that had to do with spark. New distributor, new plugs, wires, coil, crank sensor. That still didn’t fix it; now I’m leaning more towards it being a fuel issue; you can unplug every injector on the passenger side and truck would not change much how it was running, but if you unplugged one on the drivers side it would make it worse. I went to the same junkyard I got the shaft from and picked up a fuel rail with all injectors and cleaned them up; got them put on and the dang regulator is leaking and spraying fuel everywhere. I just can’t catch and good luck with this thing. 😞

1 - 6 of 6 Posts