Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just bought my '94 with a non-working radio, I thought. The third or fourth time I started it up, the radio came on, got great reception, all the functions worked and the speakers sound good. Before and after that one time, everything lights up except for the display, and the amplifier works, but only produces sound from surges caused by the other electronic accessories. (Light switches, wipers, etc.)
What is the problem likely to be?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
not sure, but that could be a bad connection somewhere, loose ground wire or not grounded properly. i assume it is an aftermarket amp? have you checked all the wiring?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I doubt there's anything aftermarket in the sound system, judging by the performance.
With an instrument light and flasher unit not working for the first couple of days, connection problems sound like a good bet, but there doesn't seem to be any interior leakage or corrosion. If it is a ground connection problem, I would expect that the radio controls would not light up, but they always have. The radio memory fuse looks good, but I think I'll change it anyway. Perhaps it's a fuse block issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts