Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys names Jamon, I've just become a member for future reference and possible assistance in the current ongoings about my 97 dakota.

I understand I am to post problems in the problem section, I'm sure.
But, Would be a pain to write twice.
So hell if you see it fit help me out.

I've got low horsepower, low torque.
Cat was plugged up and I ended up replacing the entire exhaust piping.
Minus the manifold portions.

I've replaced too many things to remember the names of it all so anyone reading this with an idea feel free to mention parts and I'll say yea or nay.

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Replaced plugs and cables, Roter cap, exhaust syastem, water pump and timing chain, throttle position sensor, air filter and gas filter, battery and alternator, checked compression per cylinder all checks out. I'm stumped. She starts up fast, kills easy, idles a bit low but gets going fine for anything under 30mph. Oil pressure gage always readshalf mark, no matter what. And there is light ticking I assume is possibly lack oil getting to the lifters/heads, I'll check for sludge. And one thing I notice is a rev up kind of sound generated from under the floor beneath the stereo/4wd shift. Almost sounds electric, but not quite. Its a higher pitch and I don't have a clue what's in that spot, but it sounds to be struggling with each attempt at forward motions. After replacing the cat, she holds speed okay, but has a hard Tim getting there.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts