·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 1998 dodge dakota rt,

well i bought a kenwood aftermarket radio and cut the factory dash connectors
off to hardwire the radio into the truck,

well the radio powers up but i have no sound coming thru my speakers,

withe the factory radio i had the speakers worked fine, didnt sound the best but they worked, only reason i swapped them out is because the volume knob on the radio was alittle funky,

i went to "the12volt.com" and got a wiring diagram for the radio from them DONT DO IT! the wiring info was all wrong, i found a power wire by accidently grounding it and blowing my radio fuse because of them!!

but now i have the radio powering up and keeping memory how it should, but i have no sound????

can anyone help with fix this?

i still have the factory radio connectors and i cut enough wire so that i could rewire them if need be,

i knew i should have waited to just but the damn kit!...

but if i can fix it this way ill be happy, any help is appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
first you should prolly check n see if your speaker wire is ran correctly. they might be mismatched. if not then you could have short somewhere which usually comes from a ground wire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean ran correctly? do you by chance mean take off my door panels and rear panels and check the wire colors there? then just wire up the radio that way? i mean when i pulled my factory radio out it had what looked like a ground wire out of the harness but it was cut, i used this i[to ground my aftermarket radio,

could that be my problem? cause ontop of the factory radio theres a wiring diagram for the feed connector and speaker connector neither one shows a ground,...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i figured out it was the radio itself, and theres already a pre ran ground, so ill have to find another radio

thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts