• how do i tell what tranny

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1999 dakota 4x4,5.2 v8...funny fuel problems and messed tranny

hey peoples hope everyone is good.i have a 99dakota 4x4,5.2 v8 and ive had the truck now for about 8 months and in december 2012 i put it in my driveway while in 4x4 and hit the gas hard to get in cause i didnt shovel she made it no probs then i shut her down and next morning wouldnt start acted as if there was no gas meanwhile she had half tank ,pump was working plugs firing ,i checked it out for about a week couldnt figure it out,tried quick start and nuthing..one night got a lil drunk and poured half litre of gas down carb and sure enough it started and kept running drove great for a month and while on highway my tranny threw itself in 1st gear and while trying to get over the 4 lanes the rpm was at 5000 she over heated :eek:..got her over to side and she stalled...waited for it to cool down and still she wouldnt start,had full tank of gas...acting like outta gas again got her towed home and next day threw in a half litre of gas again and bang she ran ...ever heard of this? funny truck,i think my tranny is smessed and does anyone know the price of a used tranny :confused:and what one is worth...im a chevy guy:D but i couldnt resist this lil truck..man it moves for a small truck can anyone help me im in dire need...im located in belleville ont canada thanks my name is roy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check your fuel pressure (and fuse) It could just be corroded giving you fuel once there is some vibration. Do you hear the pump prime when you turn the key to ON?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts