Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 dodge dakota 3.9, 2wd, runs like a raped ape when running. Recently I had an issue of it dieing on me while running and I wouldn't be able to get it to start back up. Did a little trouble shooting and I realized sometimes the plugs weren't getting spark, like a short or something. I had a mechanic replace the starter(was going bad anyways), put a tune up on it, replaced the relay coil inside the distributer, replaced the electrical ignition switch, and also replaced an accessory relay. I still only have fire at the plugs SOMETIMES, I cannot find a short and am becoming very frustrated with this problem, sometimes it will start right up and run and idle fine and once I shut it down it wont start again... just wondering if anyone has any ideas what my problem could be or if anyone else ran into this problem before. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
well, welcome to the forum. sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your truck. im afraid i wont be of much help in this department. we have a tech guru around these parts and im sure he will have an idea or two. good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts