Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have an 88 Dakota and a 93 Dakota. On both vehicles the shoulder straps dont lock either at the latch plate near the buckle or the seat belt retractor. To be clear the the seat belt does lock in the buckle but if I get in an accident the shoulder belt doesnt lock and I will smash my face against the steering wheel. Some one told me to blow air in there but it didnt work so now I will have to take the covers off and replace the whole belt (unless cleaning out the lint helps). Has any one else had this issue ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
At the age of the Dakotas, I'd just replace the belts.

Wait - I DID on my 1988!

3 Point Retractable Seat Belt with End Button Release Seatbelt Buckle (wescoperformance.com)

I also ordered the installation kit which I did need the L bracket out of them for the belts (they're universal fit, so .. ) Picked the dark blue for my truck; match to your choice of truck. They also sell a belt for the middle, which I have, but haven't put in.

HOWEVER - if you yank on the belt, does it lock? If so, then they're working right.

RwP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the age of the Dakotas, I'd just replace the belts.

Wait - I DID on my 1988!

3 Point Retractable Seat Belt with End Button Release Seatbelt Buckle (wescoperformance.com)

I also ordered the installation kit which I did need the L bracket out of them for the belts (they're universal fit, so .. ) Picked the dark blue for my truck; match to your choice of truck. They also sell a belt for the middle, which I have, but haven't put in.

HOWEVER - if you yank on the belt, does it lock? If so, then they're working right.

RwP
Thanks Ralph. I have a lordco near me. they said they can sell me a universal like you have. Thanks for the link. I will keep it as a reference. When I yank on the belt, it does not lock. Once I get it out, I will probably just replace it right away rather than try to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts