Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone I'm back again with an issue with my truck. So I have a radiator leak and I'm going to replace it today my question though...
There's a opening coming out of my heat plate on the passenger side and water is coming out of it. I don't know what it's called it's just a black little nubby pipe opening isn't connected to anything. I even shot a picture.
Thanks Yall!
Montygirly

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport, club cab, 3.9L V6, 5 speed manual
1,050 Posts
That's the condensate drain for your air conditioning evaporator. If this line gets plugged, the condensate (water) will eventually spill out of the A/C box into the cabin and soak your carpet.

By the way, when you replace your radiator, four bolts and five minutes will remove your front bumper and save you a bunch of frustration, especially getting at the small bolts at the bottom of the a/c condenser.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG I will do that! I had to replace my serpentine belt and I was cussing like a sailor!!! That reservoir was pain in the butt!!!! Thanks!!! Oh did I tell you what the cause of my red hot header pipes finally was? It was awhile back you and I and a few itgwr people going back and forth about it! 3 different master mechanics couldn't figure it out but I DID!

·
Registered
237 Posts
OMG I will do that! I had to replace my serpentine belt and I was cussing like a sailor!!! That reservoir was pain in the butt!!!! Thanks!!! Oh did I tell you what the cause of my red hot header pipes finally was? It was awhile back you and I and a few itgwr people going back and forth about it! 3 different master mechanics couldn't figure it out but I DID!
Yes you did. A spray bottle would have had it figured out in no time.
Simple things first.
I and all here thank you for the follow up as that is an integral teaching tool for all who peruse the forum.
In addition, if you got tools to remove your fan, all and any work on the innards front of that vehicle would become simpler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts