Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm searching and I can only find front leveling kits for the 3rd generation Dakotas (2005+). I can't find any decent kits for the 2001. I see a could of plastic cups that seem to go under the springs, and some keys (which I don't understand how they work), but I don't see the kits like I do for the 2005 models and up.

I bit the bullet and went for the 75's instead of the 70's and have been reading how there is the potential for rubbing in the front and I want to install the front leveling kit but can't find one. What have you guys used?

Wood

·
Registered
203 Posts
A puck, or cup as you call it, is for a rwd. Your 4x4 has a torsion bar suspension rather then coils like a rwd. You don’t need any kit for a 4x4, just crank the torsion bars about 2 inches (much more and you’ll have no downplay in the suspension causing a very rough ride)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A puck, or cup as you call it, is for a rwd. Your 4x4 has a torsion bar suspension rather then coils like a rwd. You don’t need any kit for a 4x4, just crank the torsion bars about 2 inches (much more and you’ll have no downplay in the suspension causing a very rough ride)
This was extremely helpful, thanks!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts