Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie! I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota R/T which I wrecked last year after only having it for a little over a month (second DUI). I had it towed to a body shop near by for an estimate and they told me the frame would need to be replaced, to gaurantee their work. $9500 to replace the frame and replace driver side fender, bumper, hood, steering rack and radiator. Considering I only payed $4900 for it I'm not looking to put that much money into it, well not right away. I love this truck and will no doubt get it going again especially since it has a rebuilt engine with only about 35,000 miles on it and has a custom intake, edelbrock headers and edelbrock exhaust. I'm just wondering how much it would cost to transfer everything into another Dakota, meaning engine, tranny, headers, exhaust, intake, new radiator, hell even the rims are worth holding onto. Mainly the engine and tranny is what I'm concerned about because that is stuff I can't do.

·
Aww Peg!
2,957 Posts
Welcome to the DakotaZ from NC! I wish I had an answer for you. My son wrecked my 2000, frame & body is shot but the engine & drive train is good. I'm in the same boat as you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think I am going to try any ways. Just found a 2001 Dakota that has a bad engine but good looking body and nice interior. They only want $1650 so hopefully everything works out.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

Good luck with the transplant. I'd want to save my good parts too.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you with us!

good luck!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got another Dakota, 2001 slt with the 4.7L. Switching some of the parts over from my other truck, like interior pieces and some exterior stuff. Planning on eventually swaping the engine, tranny, headers and exhaust because every body/frame shop is quoting me a lot of money. I know its still going to cost a lot of money to do all this but its worth it to me. What can I say I got hooked, and instantly after I started my truck up for the first time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts