Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I was gifted a 2002 Dodge Dakota 170,000 miles. The frame is solid, there is typical rust over the wheel arches excetera. Someone in the vehicle's history decided to remove the passenger side catalytic converter and weld in a bypass pipe.
This explains why I have so many oxygen sensor errors as there's no oxygen sensors on that side! I have been pricing the three catalytic converters and the y-pipe assembly and I noticed that the four-wheel drive part is cheaper. A lot cheaper. 50 to $100 difference or more every time. My question is does anyone know it will the four-wheel drive catalytic converter and pipe assembly will bolt in on a 2 wheel drive truck without issues? I'm not sure if the four-wheel drive truck uses different manifolds with different spacing etc and what other Ben's in the pipe that have been made to accommodate the front drive shaft transfer case excetera.

I'm also finding out that a free truck can be very expensive! Putting in some sweat equity but also some hard cash too!

Thank you,
Randy.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
O2 errors won't normally be caused by a missing cat.

CAT EFFICIENCY errors can be, though.

All you may need is to install the bung for the upstream O2; then tie the downstream O2 to the frame.

RwP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts