Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this truck. I have a list of codes. Please help!!
*ABS code 37 intermittent signal/from rear sensor
* ABS code 81 break switch/circuit shorted
*BCM code 0037 Rom checksum failure
*HVAC code 01 evap temp sensor/circuit shorted
*PCM code P0172 1/1 fuel system rich
*PCM code P0175 2/1 fuel system rich
WTF DO I DO???

·
Registered
506 Posts
Your ABS codes will light both the ABS and Brake caution lights. The rear sensor is mounted on top of the rear differential, and I would suggest replacing that first, and see if it eliminates the ABS codes. If not, you may need to check the brake switch also. This cannot be adjusted, and if bad must be replaced.

I know nothing about BCM codes. You would probably need someone with a factory tool to interpret the problem there.

The HVAC code indicates that the sensor that monitors temperature of air coming through the A/C evaporator is bad. FSM is very vague on this. The sensor itself is mounted near the A/C evaporator, but it doesn't say if you need to remove the entire A/C system (and dashboard) to get to it. This is a BIG job.

The P0172 and P0175 indicates that the engine is running rich. This usually indicates a problem with the fuel delivery system -- leaking/dirty injectors, fuel pressure too high, etc.

What should you do? You already bought it, so if your intent is to drive it, you had better be a good mechanic or prepare to invest some more money into getting the important things repaired. I'd focus on the ABS issues and the fuel rich problems first. Check around to find a mechanic who is good with diagnostic tools to isolate and get the issues fixed without "loading the parts cannon", i.e., just start replacing things until it gets better. Money invested in a good mechanic is much better spent than just replacing parts (you still have to pay for the labor of replacing parts if you don't do it yourself).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts