Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -- New to this forum and to Dakota's. My teenage son and I went half on a 2004 quad cab, RWD Dakota w/ 89k on the clock. It's in great shape. One thing we need to address, however, is the antenna. It is missing. All the pieces/parts are there except the mast, or antenna portion that sticks up from the antenna mount/base. When I looked in the hole of the base, I expected to see threads. But, I don't. I've replaced antenna's before with threaded ones that simply screw in to the existing base. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
The antenna mast is screwed to the antenna base, which is mounted in the top of the fender. The base is held in place by a cap nut which screws on to the portion of the base that extends through the fender. The fender is not threaded, it only has a hole through which the base unit is mounted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, oldmarine! As long as the antenna base is threaded, I'll be fine. Someone else mentioned on one of the FB groups that the threads in the base are about 3/4" down. So, probably why I didn't see them last night when I was looking down in to the base. I've got a replacement coming. Seems it should fit just fine. Thanks again -- and for your service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts