Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the OEM cooler lines with factory replacement lines. I'm having some problems as can be imagined. Besides the obvious, what do I need to disconnect to get the lines out in one piece? I've already disconnected the front drive shaft and managed to get one line out. I really don't want to cut any lines because I'd rather not scab it together. I have purchased the new lines from the dealer and don't relish the idea of cutting and splicing them. Do I need to drop the front axle or jack up the motor? Which is easier?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! :)
You might try posting your question here where the more mechanical minded people will see it and better your chances for an answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks, Blue Jet, as you can see, i'm not familiar with the workings of the website. However, I did finally figure it out after 7 hrs of frustration. You absolutely have to drop the front differential when you're lying on your back on a creeper. I would assume the same applies using a twin post rack. I don't like to "scab" something together when there is a right way to do it, hence the stubbornness until I figured it out. Hope this helps some else in the future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pdspc4u glad you figured it out. I have a 2006 Dakota trying to install the lines. I have to drop the differential or different set up since it is different model?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts