Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota quad cab with the 4.7 L engine 4 x 4. Was there a splash Shield that should be covering the bottom front of the engine? Not sure if I'm missing a piece. LOL. Any help appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport, club cab, 3.9L V6, 5 speed manual
847 Posts
2003 parts manual shows one that extends from the front cross member to the transmission mount cross member. I don't have access to a 2004 parts manual, so can't say for sure if it's the same. They're both Gen 2 Dakotas though. OEM part number is 52020378AC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2WD 2004. There is a plastic/rubber splash shield that covers the bottom of the radiator. It covers from the front structural cross-member all the way forward. It is somewhat of a pain to get on and off. This also shields the accessories, fan, and the serpentine belt.

The bottom of the engine is not covered (unless mine has been missing so long I didn't know it, which would be a shame since I am the original owner).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I'm still having a little difficulty figuring if there is a plastic Splash Shield for my truck. 2004 four by four 4.7 L... I see the long rectangular metal one. But not a plastic one for the front area...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts