Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys i have a stock 4.7 liter dodge dakota slt club cab. It has the stock exhaust. But i want to make it loud and for it to sound mean and menacing , any suggestion on what should i do. Perhaps put a flowmaster? But i heard there not that loud. Some people say straight pipe 3 inches. I really dont know. What should i do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How loud and menacing are you wanting to go? And how much work are you willing to do? I've got 2.5 inch true duals with glass packs and no cats, it is definitely loud, and it sure snarls and roars. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a sound clip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8cylinder287

it really doesnt matter i dont want to spend too much money though. a friend recomended me oing with straight pipes, but idk.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I was unable to figure out how to get a descent sound clip, but your friends right on strait piping it being the cheaper option. Only thing I would recommend is taking just the muffler out and seeing if you're wanting louder or not before going after that cats. I was surprised how much louder it got without the cats, only thing now is my truck won't pass inspection, and I have to live with an engine light until a get a tune to take care of that :D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts