Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Dakota SLT - Quad Cab - 4.7L V8
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've run into the issue of being unable to buy the left Backing Plate Adapter I needed, so I'm going to instead just buy a whole axle.

Every 2004 Axle I can find is either the wrong gear ratio or wrong bolt pattern... or has really high mileage.

Are there other compatible axles with my truck from other trucks?

I need a 4x4 Hexagon 12- Bolt Pattern, 9.25 Ring-Gear with a 3.55 Ratio

Thank you and best wishes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you checked out pick-a-part? Because I just replaced mine I have a 01 4.7 4x4 crew cab but mine was with drum breaks and I replaced it with a 04 both are 3.55 but the 04 let me upgrade to disc breaks in the rear now.
The hardest part I had was finding one for the 4x4 because they mount underneath the leaf springs where as the 4x2 mounts on top of the springs.
All I can say is good luck it took me awhile to find mine

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Dakota SLT - Quad Cab - 4.7L V8
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked out pick-a-part? Because I just replaced mine I have a 01 4.7 4x4 crew cab but mine was with drum breaks and I replaced it with a 04 both are 3.55 but the 04 let me upgrade to disc breaks in the rear now.
The hardest part I had was finding one for the 4x4 because they mount underneath the leaf springs where as the 4x2 mounts on top of the springs.
All I can say is good luck it took me awhile to find mine
I ended up finding another 04 Rear Differential that had light surface rust and was in great condition along with the backing plates that started this whole charade. So I just bought that and will be installing it. I'm going to keep the one I pulled for spare parts because everything but the backing plates are fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts