Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Dakota SLT - Quad Cab - 4.7L V8
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am trying to do some frame work, but first I want to siphon out the 25 gallons of fuel in the truck before I send myself to space when I start grinding away at rust...

Is there a way to remove the plastic anti-siphon cover on the tank that the filler neck connects to without breaking it?

Thank you and best wishes!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello All,

I am trying to do some frame work, but first I want to siphon out the 25 gallons of fuel in the truck before I send myself to space when I start grinding away at rust...

Is there a way to remove the plastic anti-siphon cover on the tank that the filler neck connects to without breaking it?

Hello All,

probably will have to pull the rubber hose that connects the filler neck to the tank off on one end or the other and run a siphon hose into the tank that way. hope this helps and good luck !

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Dakota SLT - Quad Cab - 4.7L V8
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably will have to pull the rubber hose that connects the filler neck to the tank off on one end or the other and run a siphon hose into the tank that way. hope this helps and good luck !
I removed both hoses and there's an anti-siphon ball on the inlet side, and the outlet side is just too tight.. soooo... I went through the precarious process of solo dropping a full tank 😅 I used a metal shelf and my jack to lower it and it went surprisingly well! I do suggest a dual-jack setup though due to how long the tank is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
glad you were able to drop your tank. the suggestion i made was thru my replacing pump in tank on a 1988 chevy k 2500 and after removing the hose i was able to put in hose and siphon fuel out but every vehicle is different, they continue to make it harder and harder to work on anything yourself. take care and god bless!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts