Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently replaced both Bank 2 O2 sensors on my truck because I noticed that there was one Denso sensor and one Bosch sensor, causing the truck to run very poorly. I replaced both with NTK sensors. About 2 days later, I got 2 engine codes, P0155 and P0161 for the oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction. Thinking that I had gotten faulty sensors (since I had never seen this code on my truck before) I got a couple more sensors and exchanged them. Same thing happened - 2 days later, the exact same codes showed up, but this time the B2S2 code came first, then on my next drive the B2S1 code showed up.

After driving the truck like this for about a day, I checked the live data while running the truck, and noticed that Fuel System 2 stayed in Open Loop, while Fuel System 1 would go into Closed Loop. I thought it might be that the O2 sensors aren't heating up, (even though its summer and almost 90 degrees here). I checked the cat temps and both were around 1000 deg. F. To the best of my understanding the sensors need to surpass 600 deg. F to enter CL, so that technically shouldn't be the issue.

Is there a place where the heater circuit wires for the Bank 2 sensors meet, and possibly are damaged at the convergence point? I checked all my fuses in the fuse box and didn't see any bad ones, is there a different place to check for relays or fuses that could be related? I didn't see any damage to the connectors when I replaced the O2 sensors, but the wiring from the post cat sensors is pretty well tucked away so it was hard for me to check the wiring past the connector.

Any advice or tips is appreciated! Thank you!

-Nate

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you recommend going to the dealer to get sensors then? For some reason I was under the impression that the NTK sensors were pretty solid sensors for our trucks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Never mind the dealer, you can search the part numbers and buy online. Amazon, Ebay, and other auto parts sites. Any sensor needed, I always go OEM.

Front end parts are the opposite, avoid OEM and buy quality aftermarket.

O2 sensor Part Numbers below:
O2 sensor, Both Upstream & Downstream right --> 56028998AB
Downstream Left --> 56028999AB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts