Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so I have a 2006 Dakota 3.7L 4x4 quad cab that I want to swap a 5.7L hemi and transmission into. I’ve been researching all the Dakota forums and gathered a plethora of information and I think I can pull this swap off. All the posts I’ve found are from many years ago though and I have not really been able to get a hold of anybody that has successfully done this type of swap. The post are very helpful but I’m wondering if there is anybody out there who’s brain I can pick and ask some questions about the swap. Any information on who to contact to ask some questions or suggested reading material or any information relevant to my specifics years or advice on the computer compatibility issues or just any advice at all, lol, would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. One thing I am really trying to source is a plug and play wiring harness adapter for my 2006 3.7L to a 5.7 hemi.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys, so I have a 2006 Dakota 3.7L 4x4 quad cab that I want to swap a 5.7L hemi and transmission into. I’ve been researching all the Dakota forums and gathered a plethora of information and I think I can pull this swap off. All the posts I’ve found are from many years ago though and I have not really been able to get a hold of anybody that has successfully done this type of swap. The post are very helpful but I’m wondering if there is anybody out there who’s brain I can pick and ask some questions about the swap. Any information on who to contact to ask some questions or suggested reading material or any information relevant to my specifics years or advice on the computer compatibility issues or just any advice at all, lol, would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. One thing I am really trying to source is a plug and play wiring harness adapter for my 2006 3.7L to a 5.7 hemi.
Try look up the info on Dodge Forum under 3rd gen Dakota. Eric Emery did a 5.7 swap on his 05 and did a pretty good write up on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts