Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 dodge dakota 4 door, both of the passenger doors have pretty big dents in them... my truck has manual crank windows and no powerdoor locks. I found some perfect replacement doors at the wrecking yard but they are electric widows, electric locks, does anyone know if these doors are interchangeable ? Or are they different? Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
744 Posts
The door will be the same, but with additional wiring, and parts for the power window. Not sure how simple it is to swap your manual window into the door, you'd have to remove your interior door panel and see how difficult it is to remove those parts. Hopefully it's not too bad, and then install your interior door panel in the new door.

·
Registered
2003 RT with 5.9
322 Posts
The door will be the same, but with additional wiring, and parts for the power window. Not sure how simple it is to swap your manual window into the door, you'd have to remove your interior door panel and see how difficult it is to remove those parts. Hopefully it's not too bad, and then install your interior door panel in the new door.
I think it would be easier to find a place to tie in the power locks & windows wires than to put the manual window in.
I used to have a '75 LTD with crank windows (it did have power locks though) & I got T-boned & I found a couple of nice doors in a yard that were all power.
That was 25 years ago, or so, but I think what I did was to buy an auxiliary bus fuse box that Dorman or someone like that made and I wired to that. I only had power windows on one side, but it worked okay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts