Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota 4.7l 4wd. 2 years ago we installed a 2.5 inch lift. No issues...no vibrations..no problems...fast forward to now. Old truck with old parts with new lift, things wore out in the last 2 years.
I just replaced both upper ball joints, p/s rack and tie rods, sway bar bushings and links, and BOTH CV AXLES. All because they were worn out/ leaking/ loose. So got them all done. Real happy with my self. Went for a road test...15/20 mph really really bad vibration...from the front. Gets worse with speed..i did not go over 35mph.
Is it because of the angle of the axles? Is it because i used cheap rockauto cv axles? Is it something else? Please help. I havnt driven it with tge wheels off the ground yet so i havnt figured out which side.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Any leveling kit on our generation of Dakota should be 2 inches or less, with the 2.5" kit, you will be replacing parts on a regular basis. There are some quality aftermarket replacement parts available, so don't simply replace with the garbage OEM parts.

The vibration could be from any of the parts replaced already, or U joints, bent wheel, tires out of balance, etc. Hopefully you'll be able to figure it out. This is a tough problem to track down, some members eventually lessen their vibration issues with effort, and simply give up and live with it.

Welcome aboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts