Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to figure out why my power outlet in my center console wasn’t working. Turns out the wire that plugs into the power outlet is disconnected at the other end. I briefly searched around where the connection point but couldn’t find it. Does anyone know where it is?

·
Registered
525 Posts
According to the FSM, that power outlet plugs into a 2-pin or a 10-pin connector (depending on whether you have heated seats or not). You should be able to access the connector by removing the base mat from inside the center console, then pulling up and to the rear on the panel that the power outlet is mounted in - there is supposed to be a cutout at the bottom of the panel to use for lifting the panel. Once the panel is out, look for the connector in the area that you just opened up.

·
Registered
697 Posts
There should be power wires under a large hump beneath the console itself (Red arrow in the picture below). I replaced the OEM connector with a generic two wire connector to power the outlet, due to the fact the two OEM connectors were very different.

Maybe the floor console was installed by a previous owner, same as I did, but they never connected the wires to power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It was disconnected right at the red arrow. The connector was hiding underneath a chunk of carpet. Power outlet works and dash cam is set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts