Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can anyone tell me how many knock sensors are on my engine and where the plug or plugs are located for the connection?

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have a 2005 FSM. I suspect the 2008, being a third generation Dakota like the 2005 is the same. There are two knock sensors, located under the intake manifold, bolted into the cylinder block along each side, about even with the center cylinder on each side. They are not interchangeable, the left one being tagged LEFT, and held in by a bolt with a larger bolt head.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2005 FSM. I suspect the 2008, being a third generation Dakota like the 2005 is the same. There are two knock sensors, located under the intake manifold, bolted into the cylinder block along each side, about even with the center cylinder on each side. They are not interchangeable, the left one being tagged LEFT, and held in by a bolt with a larger bolt head.
thanks for the reply. Can you tell me where they plug in? Are there two separate plugs or do they both plug into one connector?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have a service manual for a 2008 3.7? Or specifically have changed knock sensor in a 2008 with a 3.7?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts