Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced my 1999 Dakota with a brand new 2011, what a mistake! The truck leaks water into the cab, all doors. Dodge has had the truck in the shop almost four weeks on three different occasions, yesterday I brought it back again! They have replaced 2 door gaskets and the rear slider window to no avail. In addition the bed is rusting in one spot and there are two areas where the factory painted over body damage I did not see when I picked up the truck, it took four weeks for Dodge to authorize the repair. Will follow up with the results.
Anybody out there with similar problems or gripes?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems :( hopefully they will all be taken care of and you can enjoy your truck!

good luck!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

Sorry you're having so many issues with your new truck.:eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. CT. has a lemon law Stanw, that would be my next step. Picked up the truck this afternoon, rain coming soon to CT. again! Good to be in the Dakota again the dealer loaned me a 2011 Grand Cherokee, not as functional as the Dakota.
Will keep you all posted after the next rainy days.

·
Aww Peg!
2,957 Posts
Welcome to the DakotaZ from NC! Sorry to hear about your issues, hopefully they will get them fixed. Glad to have you here, enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked up my Daqkota and had two severe rain storms so far and no water in the cab. I am waiting for the paperwork from Dodge to let me know what they did. Will post the results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first dodge product, purchased my Dakota in July 2011. I'm glad its a truck build quality is poor. Already fixed two rattles (myself) one took me forever to find. The plastic dash on passenger side right behind the airbag flap. Noticed a leak around passenger side door in very heavy down poor. Also noticed paint over blemish. I would buy it again. I only have 1300 miles on it though. :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it leaked again, I contacted Dodge, have a case number should be contacted tomorrow to find out what they want next to start negotiations about repurchase. Now I am gun shy about buying another Dakota, Kansa has a leak also and body blemish like I did, but they fixed that along with the fACTORY DAMAGE. Will keep you all up to speed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 and have noticed a problem with my keyless entry. Have to be within 10 for it to work most of the time. Love the truck otherwise!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chrysler has agreed to replace my truck with whatever I want Dodge/Chrysler that has the same MSRP value as my current leaky truck. By the way they were unable to reproduce the leaks last week the eight time they had the vehicle over 62 days in their possession.
At this time I do not feel like the dealer is helping me in searching for a replacement, calls have not been returned so I will be at the dealer this Monday to push this issue.
The company hired by Chrysler to handle these problems is ISG, don't ask me what it stands for. Again will post the results.

·
Registered
742 Posts
ISG stands for Impartial Services Group. Impartial Services Group is the third party that represents Chrysler in the "Buy Back" or "Lemon Law" procedures. Hopefully you'll be taken care of and in a new vehicle soon enough.

It's unfortunate that you're going through this situation, best of luck and let us know how you make out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts