Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey if anyone knows about the laws of converting a 2door into a 4door in new jersey would really appreciate it. As well as, has anyone done it before I'm sure its going to be a lot of work. Probably welding and cutting plus making hinges....anyways please if someone has info let me know thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
First, a little more information is needed about what you want to do....

I'm guessing, that since this is a Dakota Forum, you are talking about turning a single-cab Dakota into a 'Quad-Cab' Dakota? ('Quad-Cab' in Dodge/Ram truck-speak, is a true 4-door crew cab....)
And to try to answer part of your question, this would involve A LOT of specialized work, by an experienced body man who has some background in fabrication.

But since Dodge offered an actual Quad-Cab in both the 2nd and 3rd generation, why do you have to MAKE one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, a little more information is needed about what you want to do....

I'm guessing, that since this is a Dakota Forum, you are talking about turning a single-cab Dakota into a 'Quad-Cab' Dakota? ('Quad-Cab' in Dodge/Ram truck-speak, is a true 4-door crew cab....)
And to try to answer part of your question, this would involve A LOT of specialized work, by an experienced body man who has some background in fabrication.

But since Dodge offered an actual Quad-Cab in both the 2nd and 3rd generation, why do you have to MAKE one?

hey thanks for the respond first of all. secondly it is not a single cab but instead a club cab which have the rear seats. my idea was to make it into a 4 door but suicide door style like other trucks. finally, i just am not aware if there is an legal problems with this type of conversion. hope anyone can help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only 'legal' problem you might have is if you don't build it correctly and it falls apart, injuring someone.
- No 'rules' in the U.S. on building something, unless you're in a state that does mandatory safety inspections.

So Gordo, do you have experience in custom vehicle fabrication?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts